Sunday, December 28, 2008

Four Seasons©
by Hootin' Anni
December 2008







The beads of dew on a leaf'll trickle down
the green still unrelenting; constant and ceaseless
a fading winter rose drinks in heartily
and captures in itself life-giving liquor;
the seasons, all too brief...

On a cold December morn
there remains a glory of nature 'round me
In the gray misty sky hides the light of day.
Still, it shows the delicate balance
of life on a limb with the warm golden glow
of tawny saffron, among the saturated bough;
clinging to its soul for all eternity...

Each year, each season, flora's generation.
'Tis twenty years a progenitor of mankind.
I have lived fully
the twenty Springs,
the twenty Summers,
and the twenty Autumns...
As the winter solstice I enter.
As the saffron colored leaf clutching and remaining steadfast
I too, to the branch will cling
living in harmony; espirt to the end of my time.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

My photo
I am a proud author of a photo album published through Amazon. A book of over 200 birds photographed by me throughout South Coastal Texas.. Retired, living in the coastal area of the Gulf of Mexico. -enjoying the sand and surf. I have these titles: daughter, sister, wife, mother and grandmother of two grandsons.

I enjoy music, movies, beach combing, pencil sketching, crocheting, and dabble in watercolor painting. My obsession: photography skills; and birding along the Coastal Birding Trails in our area.

Copyrighted Blog - No written content and/or photos can be copied without express consent of blog author!!
All Rights Reserved