Tuesday, November 13, 2007




REFRAIN OF SOLITUDE

© 1999 --- 2008

<><><>

As I sit here now,
as I try to penetrate my thoughts...
mouthing the words, I listen.

* * *

I heard a melody today...
reminded me of you.
Of how our life used to be...
oh so long ago,
Lyrics echoing in my memory.

I carry on with my chores, very routine...
I could do them without sight, as we say...
I could do it blind.
Still, the tune lingers, it remains.
...Running endlessly through my mind.

At midday, upon my lashes,
the sun's rays arrest the falling tears.
As they glide from my flesh to the ground,
within each tear, within those droplets...
a kaleidoscopic rainbow appears.

When evening becomes the end of day,
I'm bathed in melancholy and dreams.
And in my dreams, yes dreams....
resounding through my slumber,
those lyrics, those memories
refuse to subside. Or, at least, so it seems.

As I lie here now in this reverie,
I listen and I watch.
I see you. I hear you.
As I search through my inner self...
mouthing the words, witnessing my thought,
the music persists ....
I ponder what eventide brought.

* * *
Morning comes. Yet,
yesterday...I heard a melody.
Reminded me of you.
The tune, everlasting, endures.
Endures, just as my memory.
In my heart, you'll always remain.
Deep within, as only love can be.

<><><>
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

My photo
I am a proud author of a photo album published through Amazon. A book of over 200 birds photographed by me throughout South Coastal Texas.. Retired, living in the coastal area of the Gulf of Mexico. -enjoying the sand and surf. I have these titles: daughter, sister, wife, mother and grandmother of two grandsons.

I enjoy music, movies, beach combing, pencil sketching, crocheting, and dabble in watercolor painting. My obsession: photography skills; and birding along the Coastal Birding Trails in our area.

Copyrighted Blog - No written content and/or photos can be copied without express consent of blog author!!
All Rights Reserved