Tuesday, November 13, 2007

<><><>



MY RED BOOTS

© 2001 --- 2008
[this is written to show my youngest grandson's personality...when just a toddler, he loved his red boots!]

A favorite pair of boots of mine
sits unattended, hushed, in the nook.
They're crimson, and leather, but scuff marked.
Like the ones seen in my cowboy book.


I wore 'em daily
with outfits I'd don...
for play, for homework,
for shopping with mom!

Those high tops gently nuzzled my shins,
a tender kinship felt from within.
They kept me warm, contented, and dry.
Each morn, o'er my toes
I'd pull 'em up high
then---
we'd abandon my room with each stride.
Mom would moan, give a look of distress.
Yet, she'd utter to me not a word.
She'd see me in all my new-found glory,
stepping with joy...nobility and pride.

The years have passed now
Red boots all alone.
I once was a boy
now---
my boots I've outgrown!

Those red boots are still with me,
they were stuffed away in some box.
Unpack them, she just had to
for all the world to see.

My cowboy boots of yesterday...
now sit in their wonderous worth.
Exuding mem'ries of days of yore.
Here, they're poised in silence...
remaining, for mom, on display!

A favorite pair of boots of mine
sits unattended, hushed in the nook.
They're crimson, and leather, but scuff marked.
Like the ones seen in my cowboy book.

<><><>
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

My photo
I am a proud author of a photo album published through Amazon. A book of over 200 birds photographed by me throughout South Coastal Texas.. Retired, living in the coastal area of the Gulf of Mexico. -enjoying the sand and surf. I have these titles: daughter, sister, wife, mother and grandmother of two grandsons.

I enjoy music, movies, beach combing, pencil sketching, crocheting, and dabble in watercolor painting. My obsession: photography skills; and birding along the Coastal Birding Trails in our area.

Copyrighted Blog - No written content and/or photos can be copied without express consent of blog author!!
All Rights Reserved